My Visitors

Tuesday 23 February 2016

16 January 2016 – La Paz

Not much to write about today.  Andrea is sick and confined to the hotel room, so I was out wandering the streets of La Paz near hotel, principally in the Witches Market area.  Lots to see and interesting to try and find the shops selling something different than the majority.  There’s a few of them in there!

Of interest is the number of shops selling hand-made musical instruments, in particular guitars.  Some of them appear to be made on site – there are things that look suspiciously like workshops with activities going on, however it is also possible that these are just set-ups for sucking in the tourists like me.  I suppose I won’t know for sure, but it looked authentic.  Very tempting to buy something but with our luggage capacity already exceeded, it wouldn’t be the wisest purchase.  I suppose I’ll have to come back again, although thinking about it, the travel costs to get here mean that I could just buy something at home and still have spare change!

No comments:

Post a Comment