My Visitors

Wednesday 20 October 2010

26 September 2010


Not much to report from today really. I slept in (hooray), made my way to the Tur Bus office in Vina del Mar, ate some cheese empanadas for breakfast, caught the bus back to Santiago, had a late lunch and flew back to Copiapo.

The highlight was the taxi trip to the airport, where the driver steadfastly refused to have anything to do with the toll roads. It took a heap longer, but in the end, the cost somehow managed to come to exactly the same amount as when the taxi drivers take me via the toll roads. Go figure… Still, I got to see a bit more of the "gritty" side of Santiago than I'd seen before. Not exactly frightening, but certainly somewhat poorer than the main areas I've seen. I'm certainly not talking slums and tin shanties, or anything like that, but it was certainly a reminder (not that I needed one) that Chile isn't yet a first-world country.

Oh, and I managed to complete the trip without losing anything…

Chao,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment