My Visitors

Monday 14 December 2015

11 December 2015 - Mall/s

Not much to report for todays activities.  We visited a couple of examples of North American shopping malls.  The first was the Glendale Galleria, famous in my mind for the episode of Big Bang Theory where they try to teach Sheldon to drive on a simulator.  After originally driving on one of the normal roads, he somehow manages to end up driving in the Galleria!

We wandered and wandered and I’m afraid I didn’t see much to get me excited.  Of interest was the fact that I could only find one (1) ATM within the entire complex, which charged me US$5 for the privilege of withdrawing money.  Thank you Wells Fargo – you suck!

Across the road is the “Americana on Brand” mall, which is more of a selection of shops along a closed street.  Much nicer than the Galleria, but much more upmarket.  There’s a nice bookstore in there – very large but also a bit pricey.

So, all very interesting and a box ticked.  No need to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment