My Visitors

Tuesday 31 August 2010

24 August 2010

Oh happy days! When I got back to Copiapo yesterday, I got a message to confirm that my belongings will absolutely, definitely be arriving in town tomorrow morning. It has now been more than three months without them and I'm hanging out to get everything, most particularly some new clothes to wear. Three months living from a suitcase isn't all sunshine and light!

I'm promised that the delivery men will be there at 10AM, which is just perfect. It comes as a slight surprise to get a call from the security chap from downstairs just after 9AM to say that they are here, but I'm not about to argue and tell them to come back at 10!

With excellent efficiency, everything is in my apartment and the hombre is gone by 10AM. Looks like I'll have a few interesting days ahead as I get a surprise when I open all of my boxes and find those things I've been missing. One of the things I want most urgently is my sharpener for the kitchen knives, which are hopelessly blunt. Yes, I'm strange. Who is really surprised by that?

A

No comments:

Post a Comment