My Visitors

Saturday 10 July 2010

7 July 2010

Hello all,

Not much to report from the middle of this week. Our JV partners MD is in town to catch up with everyone and review projects and plans, so most of my time has been dedicated to that with field trips to review potential new projects, followed by late night dinners with the team and the like. A mix of good fun and hard work. Very nice.

My major bit of interest (to me) is that I'm planning a short weekend break in Santiago, but getting there by trying out the local bus network. I'm feeling a bit nervous about it, particularly when I mention it to a few of the locals and they give me a quizzical look, and say something along the lines of "The bus? You? Oh!". Not sure what to take from that, but we'll see how it goes. I'll do an overnight trip on Friday night, arriving mid morning Saturday. That will give me a couple of hours of sun to see what the access to Santiago is like.

The rest of the day will be just being a tourist, exploring the old part of the city and seeing what I can see. It'll be an opportunity to reacquaint myself with a chai latte. Looking forward to that!

Regards to all.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment